Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thoughts from a Young Actor: Introducing Kailee



Since we are only have gone through the first week of rehearsals of The NeverEnding Story, I say that the show looks great so far!  I, and the rest of the cast, can surely tell that this production will be amazing!  It's always a great feeling in the rehearsals when you catch yourself thinking like your character.  When you start moving as if you were really becoming the part you are portraying, you know that you are ready for the show!  I feel that some of the cast is getting to that point.  Others should maybe start thinking about their propose as that character.  Because once we figure out the Who, What, Where, When, and Why of our characters, it all comes easy.
 

I took part in some classes on the summer program, too.  I found them, for the most part, a great experience!  I took Acting, Improv, and Putting on the Look of the Show.  Since I have taking many acting and improv classes in my days, I found those two classes mostly refreshers, which was quite nice.  But to anyone new to acting and improv, the classes are perfect for getting down the basics of them.
 

Putting on the Look of the Show was great to me because I never thought I would actually sew a dress! The class was a lot of fun and it was great to learn new things about costumes and makeup!
 

I would gladly suggest Evergreen to anyone interesting in the performing arts! It's great!





Tickets on sale NOW for "The Never Ending Story" at 403-9540 or www.evergreenproductions.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think? We would love for you to join the discussion!