Monday, August 12, 2013

Learning to trust each other


In The Mousetrap, I get to do a lot of different things in the story I’ve never done before, the biggie being I have to be in love. As a 17 year old, I’ve never been in love so this is a unique challenge. It was kind of weird at first with Emmanuel (he plays my husband, Giles) but that was overcome by what our director, Craig, had us do. He had us sit together whenever we weren’t on stage. I know it sounds simple but it made a difference, we got comfortable with each other. We’re still learning how the other works but we understand how the other is going to play his part. Also, I’ve realized something I’ve never fully appreciated or noticed before; you have to trust your cast mates.
            The Mousetrap is a thriller knowing how everybody works and fits together is crucial. This play has such a small cast (8 actors), there aren’t any leads. It’s a level playing field. It’s so soon in the play I’m shocked to see everyone bouncing off of each other and becoming their character without much of themselves showing through. I love it.

            I feel like I’m level with everyone; the leading and following changes several times a scene, each person gets to wrap the audience around his or her fingers. Each gets to stand alone but relies on the ever-changing swirl of the story brought to life by us. 
~ Azure Hall ~ 

The full cast rehearsing a scene.

Tickets are on sale now thru the St. Norbert Box Office, 920-403-3950 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what do you think? We would love for you to join the discussion!